The Office of Planning and Budgets supports the Executive Dean of Agriculture and Natural Resources in the strategic management of all resources for School of Environmental and Biological Sciences and the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station, and ensures efficient and effective utilization of all funds to best support the strategic goals of the school and the station.
This includes planning, developing, coordinating, and implementing procedures for the creation, control, and reporting of the school's and the station's budgets, which includes state and federal appropriations, tuition revenues, and all other resources. The office serves the various units of the school and station by assisting them with budget related issues and problems.
- Develop the annual budget for the school and the station
- Allocate projected state budget resources to departments, centers, and institutes via working budgets
- Calculate tuition revenue that will be available to complement the state budget
- Review and adjust the working budget throughout the year
- Track enrollment trends
- Allocate funds for the school's and the station's special initiatives